The bad part about being in Inverness right now is that everyone keeps telling us how much nicer it is here in the summer. And it's true, I've seen pictures of this town in summer mode and it looks gorgeous. However, one thing they told us when we got here is that, lucky for us, we would get to see the Big Ice on the ocean. I, for one, was weirded out because I have neeverrr seen an ocean frozen in real life.
So, now it's February and they say it's a little later than usual.. but the Big Ice has come in, and I swear this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
It's not even that the water froze. It's just chunks of ice that floated in and it just fills up the whole coast. Solid ice, and you can walk on it and everything. I feel like I live in the North Pole. (Okay, not really, but I did go and do some exploring and photography just for fun..) Here are my pictures.



So, now it's February and they say it's a little later than usual.. but the Big Ice has come in, and I swear this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
It's not even that the water froze. It's just chunks of ice that floated in and it just fills up the whole coast. Solid ice, and you can walk on it and everything. I feel like I live in the North Pole. (Okay, not really, but I did go and do some exploring and photography just for fun..) Here are my pictures.



3 comments:
That is some. big. ice.
Absolutely amazing, Amanda! I've never seen anything like it. You're so lucky to have so many new experiences! We're so lucky that you are sharing them with us!
Love, Mom
Sweet dude...
That is COOOOOOl. Wish I was there to see it with you.
Love you,
H xxoo
Post a Comment