Thursday, February 15, 2007

dry spell

Lately, the dependence in the house on Max's and my laptops got pretty extreme. There was always someone on the computer, on MSN or something, and we figure we could be doing a lot more interesting things with our time.
For this reason, the past week has been 'no laptop week'. Ed and I are house managers, so I'm allowed to use my laptop as a stereo, and we used it for a Gilmore Girls marathon during today's Storm Day (almost everyone was off work), but Internet is out of the question. I prefer to post things on here with pictures and with lots of time to think about it, so I don't think I'll post until this week is over. (We're almost there - today is Thursday and I'll be using it again by Sunday night or Monday.)
On another note - this weekend is going to be aawesommee!!!! We have our 48 hours off, and a bunch of us are heading to Halifax for the weekend. It also happens to be the weekend of the ECMA's - East Coast Music Awards - which take place in Halifax, and the city is supposed to be just packed and awesome that weekend. So... I'm sure there will be lots to show and tell about that when we get back!
Meanwhile... Hold tight! :)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could hold tight... to you, that is. Biiiiig hug. AND A HEARTBEAT TODAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey nerdo,
Have fun in Halifax, take lots of pics and such.
I'M AT HOME NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Ma and Pa (they're nice and sweet) picked me up at the bus station and today I actually SAW Matty and I get to see E and J and Hunterd tonight!!!
Ok sorry for bragging. I miss you. We all wish you were here.
This is a random comment.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean that "Love you." was a random comment. I meant that the whole post thing was. Just to clarify. :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you are my sweet daughter and I wish that you were here now so I could give you a hug!!!!!!!!!!
Be seeing you in 6 1/2 weeks! I'm just a little worried about the 5 hour drive from Thunder Bay to White River! I hope the weather is good when you get there.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey friend:)...Just thought I would leave a little Hello Hello on here for youu. Your whole blog is really awesome. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Halifax. Your pictures on here are pretty sweet! I miss you tons!!!(L)

Anonymous said...

How's it going, Amanda? Are you ready to move? I can't imagine how your whole group can get ready and well-prepared enough to move to a new town together. It sounds like an amazing feat! Are you sad to be leaving Inverness and the seal? No walking on the ocean in White River, eh?
Good luck and send us your new address as soon as you get it!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Don't forget to send us your phone number in White River, too, okay? Today, at Stake Lake, I met Angie(?)'s Mom. (I think that's her daughter's name.) Anyway, Angie started Katimavik in September and right now she's doing her french placement in a town one hour from Montreal. Her Mom is going to visit her, too! But they're going to Montreal on Angie's 48 hour leave. Cool, eh? It was fun talking to her.
Love, Mom