We had our job interviews yesterday! There were interviews for: 2 jobs working with the township, doing secreterial and festival planning work; one job visiting older people's homes for the Red Cross/working at an Employment Centre; three jobs at the school; and one at the child care in the school. They all went pretty well but the job I wanted the most was the one at the child care. And after all was done with the interviews, everyone found out right away and was to head to work right away for the afternoon... and I got the child care!! So I'll be working there for the next three months.... I'll be working in the school but separately, so I'll see my friends sometimes but not all that often.
And I didn't get to start right away like everyone else. I'm house manager for this week with Max so I'm home for now and I start work on Monday. I'm super excited!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
YAY! That's cool you got the job you wanted. That'll be really fun! Playing games all day = good times. Going to school all day = not quite as good times. But alright.
So, I miss you. Have you gone to Home Hardware again yet??????
I went back to Home Hardware just yesterday to get some stuff (duct tape, egg timers, notebooks..) and they didn't shut the lights off!! It was amazing.
fun job!!
love ya!
Hey, Amanda. I keep checking out your blog to see if you've written anything and NOPE - nothing new! Then, I realized that I hadn't actually acknowledged that I'd read the last thing you wrote! Terrible! Question: Did you go onto daylight savings time too? And so...we're still 3 hours apart, right?
I guess you start your job tomorrow, eh? Hope it works out for you!
Good news, Google Earth says that it's only 5 hours from Thunder Bay to White River! Whew! Also, Saute Ste. Marie is actually an hour closer to White River than Thunder Bay is but WestJet doesn't fly to SS Marie, so TB is the closest I can get! See you in 3 weeks and 4 days - oh so close! Can't wait 'til then :) I miss you and love you so much! Love, Mom
Hey,
So how was the first day of your job? Bet you missed Hunter lots. I do too.
Love you,
H
Amanda, could you, do you think, maybe, if you get a moment, you know, when you are just sitting there quietly, not watching TV, add to your blog!!!! It would be so fun to read and I check your blog often to see what you might have written. I know that you don't have a camera to add photos, but really we don't care - we just like reading your awesome writing - honestly! Thanks. Love, Mom
P.S. I can't believe that I'm going to see you in less than a week - CRAZY!!!!!!
Post a Comment