I am thinking tentatively about starting to post stuff on here again. The main reason for this is that, well, I have a lot of thoughts. Not particularly about any one thing, but just thoughts in general, and I wonder if maybe the blogosphere would be a good place to hash things out every once in a while. Also I have been doing a lot of adventure-planning lately and I think I'll have some cool stuff to talk about again. So I changed a couple of things around on the page and added in a photo on my header. I could have picked a less gloomy-looking photo, but this was one that I took on a recent bus trip home from Vancouver and I find it just beautiful. Almost like a painting. It's amazing the beauty you can continue to find in even the most well-known, familiar landscapes. Anyway, to the point. I might start writing on here again. However, I am quite sure no one exactly checks this site daily anymore (If you do... wow. I appreciate your devotion. I'm so sorry to have let you down these past months.) so I'm curious to know how long it'll take for someone to read this post! So here's the deal: I am about to pull an Elizabeth. Her blog is always full of contests and give-aways and it makes things really exciting for her readers, aaand plus she is my biggest sister and I like to be like her.
So.
When you read this, throw a comment my way and.. umm I will bake a batch of cookies for the first person to comment. There's your motive right there. I suspect that it might take many weeks, maybe even months, for someone to actually win, so if I get the urge to post something and still no one has commented, game over. Once I make an actual post, I am telling you guys about it. That being said.. if we DO end up having a winner: As for the cookies, you can pick any kind you like (within reason! I am -unfortunately - not Willy Wonka. I don't know how to make cookies that taste like a three-course meal, so don't ask). Mom, I am pretty sure it will probably be you, and even so, yes, I am going to use your own cooking supplies to make the cookies.
Game on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awww! I kind of wish you hadn't guessed it would be me because it honestly was totally random for me to check your blog today! I hadn't checked it for months! But...I've been 'out of town' and thought that I just might find a litany of blogs from you that I had missed. Alas! I find that I am the cookie winner! I can't wait! You're a superb cookie-maker and I don't mind at all that you're going to be using my supplies! I love you so much and you make me so happy! Love, Mom (Your one and only!)
P.S. It's not actually 1:00 a.m. It's 10:00 p.m.!
You're going to be so stoked to see 3 comments - and then unstoked to see that they're all from your Mom!!!! Oh well, what can I say? I'm addicted to my kids!! Anyway, I'm writing again to say that I forgot to mention that your photograph is astounding! Did you take that through a bus window? They're not usually very clean! Well done! Maybe you want to enter it into an online photo contest? Ha ha - and then you could get messages from them forever! Ask me about it!
Ha-HA!!! Knew it.
What kind will it be, Mom?
Awwww MAN! Mom won times 3! And then you won your own contest. Kind of. What's third prize?
Sick!
Love you. Love you love you love you, actually.
I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts.
HUG!!
Heath, third prize is a ticket to Cirque du Soleil in Vancouver on June 27th!! Unless you already have a ticket... in which case, you don't get another one.
Also, I forgot to mention that all respondents win my undying love forever and ever.
Thanks for being my friends:)
Post a Comment