Thursday, May 31, 2007

Franglais

Alright so. Sorry about the past....... month and a half... where I just totally neglected to post anything at all on my blog.
But now we're in Québec!!! Et c'est super cool. We haven't really seen the town yet because we drove in at night and it's been storming for a lot of the day, but the house is pretty nice and what we did see of the town seems cool. Every time I come to Québec, I just get so excited about how everything is in French. I also feel like my French has already improved, just a little, already. Probably just from the fact that I actually have to use it now. I hate to admit it, but when French and English are both options, I choose to speak English most of the time. J'essaie ben fort de m'améliorer!!! I also can't wait to pick up on ridiculous slang French. I love it.
Also, I got the coolest phone call EVER this morning, which included Elizabeth speaking to me in French (first cool thing) and then HUNTER spoke to me in French!! He said "Bonjour" and "Comment ça va?"... I was shocked. That kid is not even two yet (close though!) and he is speaking another language. That is just wild.... and really, really, reeeallyyyy cute.
Anyway.. Just checking in. I'll have pictures of the new place soon, and I'll post 'em up.
Bonne journée, tout le monde!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

you are a goof ball! and... I miss you