We did our walking tour of the town this afternoon, and it is beeaauuutiful!! It looks like a really neat little place (I say 'little', but it's still the biggest town I've lived in over the past 6 months.. the population is about 3000 je pense) and I can't wait to get to know it better. Here are some of my pictures.
L-R: Me, Lars, Max, Pam, and Ashaya.
No need to comment on my outfit. Ashaya and I happened to be unpacking a while before we left, and came across some random clothes and decided to wear them. That's all.
(So many lilacs here! It reminds me of home!)

French signs... We are definitely in Québec.
(This is down at Lac Témiscamingue, not far from our house.)

The two boys in our group, just strolling down by the lake.
If you click on this picture, it will enlarge and you can look at the title of the place closely.Palais de Justice = The Palace of Justice (a.k.a. the court house)
I just find it so cool that it's called the Palace of Justice.
Notre Maison! (and Ashaya in the doorway)
Our house from another angle: Yep, there is a handicapped sign right next to us. We are also right next door to an ATV store, and next to that is a hair salon.
Le Cinéma de Ville-Marie!
Plays one movie, once a day, mostly American films, all of them in French.
Currently showing: Spiderman 3!!


2 comments:
So cool, Amanda! Vill Marie looks 'belle'!!!!What a small group you have now! It must be so different and so tight! I hope that you have great plans for your little 'ville'. Have you met many townspeople yet? What's your PL's name?
It's nice to imagine you in Quebec. I'm really happy for you! Take care. Je t'aime. Maman
(you'll need to translate this for me, please: from whom all good things...)
très chique, les vètements... très en mode peut-être? Je t'adore, ma petite. xoxo
Post a Comment