That's what was written on the sticker they gave me to wear at the Blood Drive. Everyone in the group got one, although only Pam and I were allowed to donate blood - the others for various reasons, iron levels or recent travels, weren't allowed. The whole thing was going really well and I even got complimented on my speed - the guy was impressed with my time of filling the whole bag in only 6 minutes (that made my collarbone feel a little bit gross). But then right after, he was watching me pretty closely and asked me if I was feeling well three times before I got hit with a huge wave of nausea and had to lie back with cold cloths covering my forehead and neck. Yikes. But it only took me ten minutes or so to recuperate, and luckily Max got pictures of me while I was still happy and feeling well....
We wore our team shirts to the blood drive and planned to send a picture to the local paper for a publicity stunt... and then, even though only Pam and I could donate, we did it anyway because.. well because, hey, why not.
Also, today is St. Jean Baptiste Day, also known as Quebec Day (basically) so we're having a bit of a theme costume party with dinner. We decided on an "Under the Sea" theme... which proved to be difficult. Max, Lars and I headed over to the thrift store yesterday to find some costumes, and this is what we ended up finding:

Yep, teletubby costumes. Mine was a little tight so I have to fix it a little before I can wear it... Updates soon on what we all actually wore for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment