Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dinner 'Under the Sea' was a big hit.

Here are our costumes: Ashaya = Mermaid; Lars = Pirate; Pam = Turtle; Max = Seaweed; Me and Jacynthe = 80's mermaids?!! Laugh all you want, but we really just didn't have much in the way of 'Under the Sea' costumes and really wanted to dress 80's... so we slapped on some material for tails and some bathing suit tops and called it 80's mermaids.
Lars' pirate costume was amaazing!!!
The 3 mermaids and a turtle.
So later we ditched the tops and tails and just went 80's. Notice the perfect background for a photoshoot on that mattress behind us!!? And yes, my pants are leather!! I found them - and my sweater - in the basement; the groups before us made frequent trips to the very inexpensive thrift store and left behind a lot of random clothes. (P.S. Jacynthe is wearing a wig - her hair is usually long and curly.)
Oops, I also said today is St.Jean Baptiste, but tomorrow is the real day. It just got celebrated today because it is basically an excuse for everyone in Québec to drink, drink, drink, and I don't think celebrating on a Sunday would make for a very productive Monday. As for us, we went to a show in Lorrainville (not far from Ville-Marie, maybe 25 minutes). It was fun because we got the dancing started, but then the band kind of reminded me of S Club 7, yikes. But they were playing quite a few traditional Québec songs and other people were pretty into it. Well, tomorrow for the real St. Jean, we are taking part in a local dodgeball tournament. (Not my best sport - couldn't they have picked any other one?! Oh well.) We made our team shirts and everything today so things should get pretty intense tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have pictures!
*Update on the dodgeball tournament - since I didn't end up getting pictures I'll just do a quick one - it was a blast!! We got all dressed up in our team shirts and team spirit... and proceeded to lose all our games. Some of them to ridiculous teams, too. But we did have a really good time and met some fun people...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wuv you wittle sister!

Anonymous said...

Some cool fun you are having, eh? Dodgeball - Smodgeball, you can do it, man! Just make like you're doing ballet leaps, then you'll be flying!

Can't wait to have your beauty back home, Amanda! Thanks for the pics. Love, Mom