The whole 'billeting in the community' thing is all about cultural discovery. I discovered, yesterday, a wonderful part of the culture called 'biscuits and molasses'. I entered the kitchen (the kitchen here reminds me of the one at home - back in BC - as it is always full of wonderful sights and smells) to find a batch of fresh biscuits just coming out of the oven. Yum. I was asked if I wanted one- yes, I did - and whether or not I would like to try it with molasses. What!? Molasses is only for cooking. Right? Wrong. I tried the two together, and..
It. Is. Delicious.
So, just a note to everyone at home: try biscuits with molasses. It's a true Cape Breton snack, and it is soooo good.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you get me the recipe your host used for the biscuits, too?? I miss your smiling face and your laugh... just a couple things I thought of, today.
Cool, Amanda! I love hearing about new tastes! I'll have to try that. Keep those ideas coming! Did you share our yogourt on pancakes idea yet?
I really miss hanging out (or cooking or baking) in the kitchen with you! Love, Mom
Post a Comment