Friday, January 19, 2007

I have my own room!!

Yes, it's true. For the next two weeks I will not be sharing a room with 4 girls, which is a huge difference from the past month and a half. Our group started billeting today, which is when we go and live with families in the community. The excitement of this, as I stated before, is each of us having our own room and - wait for it - personal space!! Hard to believe... however, the downside is that our big family, the people we spent the entire past month and a half with, is split up. It's going to be soo weird not to be living with 10 other people in a tiny house. Anyway, so that's what we're up to for the next couple of weeks.. We were all a little nervous about billeting and finding out where we'd go, but I think we all got really great places. My billeting house is on the hill over the harbor and there is a beautiful view from the dining room window. And the people I live with seem so awesome. Everyone in town, when they found out where I was going, raved about how lucky I am to be here and how great Eleanor and Alec are (those are my billet 'parents'). So anyway, it should be a very interesting and different two weeks. We've already got a storm brewing and we're worrying about whether or not the power's going to stay. I feel the excitement brewing already. Yippee!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love you li'l sis, You can come and billet with me......

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it will be so fun and very interesting! You will get to use all your wonderful people skills to adapt to the new situation. Your billet family will probably really enjoy getting to know you and you will gain such a valuable outlook on 'life in Cape Breton' by living in a real home! Love you lots! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey A,
What's the deal with calling you. Let me know if it's ok and the number if it is.
Good that you got nice people... they're lucky to get to hang out with you.
I love you, miss you.