Aaaalriiight, fine, so I'm no good at keeping my blog updated.
I just find it strange that all the normal, everyday things that happen to me are worth reading about to other people. Plus it just takes a lot of time.
So how do I describe the past week or so? It's been busy, yet relaxing; weird, yet normal; and exciting, yet boring. Seem weird to you? Me too. Maybe that's just the nature of Katimavik lifestyle. There are times when we have no free time and so much to do, and then other times when it hits us what a small town we are living in and we're just searching for things to do. The past week was fairly busy for me since I, along with a guy in our group, Max, was house manager... This means we stayed home from work to clean the house and cook the meals. Needless to say I was a liiittle nervous about having to make the meals as I am not 100% on my cooking skills. I used some home recipes (Sarah's Gourmet Oven Fries!) and then for most of the rest, I bought a sweet cookbook at the pharmacy called - get this - 4 Ingredient Recipes. Definitely handy on a budget.
Max and I planned the week of meals (planning for the whole week on Monday is required), however, our plan went a little off-track when we realized the local Co-op doesn't exactly have everything we need. I think the meals were pretty good anyway, and I even made bread and it turned out pretty well.
The rest of the week was pretty much full of house cleaning and stuff. We also had some workshops this weekend - Teamwork and Communication - which were a little bit dreaded but turned out not so bad.
Bedtime - I'd better get Elizabeth's help with posting pictures so this gets a little more exciting sometime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you made bread?! what about 4 minute brownies? I thought i'd leave a comment on this one because no one had yet. and also i could bring up your 4 minute brownies again. can you believe it? only two more months and i can get my license back again. I think Katherines parents just think i don't have a car anymore. So anyways i miss you. We should def. go for a cruise in brownie hobart* when you get back. and we can go to tim hortons and you can tell me and whoever else comes about how your nine months were. ok i have to go and get ready for dance. I am doing a tap solo this year.
PS> NICE BLOG, YOU BLOGGER :)
Post a Comment